Today we are joined by Jonathan Erskine on Episode 29 of The Hawkin Podcast.
Jonathan is currently a Strength & Conditioning Coach in the tactical field at Cannon Air Force Base. Previously, Erskine held positions as Strength & Conditioning Coach at REEF Systems Corp, Intern Strength Coach at The University of Alabama, and Defensive Line Coach & Strength Coach at the High School level. Jonathan received his Ph.D. in Health and Human Performance from Concordia University Chicago. He also received a Master of Science and Bachelor's Degree in Sport and Fitness Administration/Management from Troy University. Coach Erskine's move from the sports world, into the tactical world, gives him a unique view of how strength & conditioning can better benefit all those that partake. Gives this week's episode a listen to learn more...
Time Stamps For Today’s Episode:
- 00:00:07 When Jonathan Erskine caught the iron bug
- 00:02:15 From passion to profession
- 00:06:23 Building the roots
- 00:14:28 That “C’mon man” moment
- 00:20:39 Growth & change
- 00:25:33 Haircuts mid-episode?
- 00:28:12 Carryover from athletics to tactical
- 00:33:04 Implementation of sports science in the tactical setting
- 00:43:25 Advice for young coaches coming into tactical
- 00:53:53 Not everyone has the same means of motivation
- 00:59:42 Creating a buy-in culture
- 01:06:09 Moving properly before loading the body
- 01:13:20 The transition of the tactical realm
- 01:19:23 Jon’s contact information & podcast